St Stephens Church Ooty
St. Stephen's Church is situated in the Mysore road, Ooty, It is probably the oldest places of worship inside Nilgiris area. The particular church dates back towards the nineteenth centuries. Stephen Rumbold Lushington, the particular subsequent Governor of Madras, exactly who keenly thought the need for any cathedral specifically for the English, living in Ooty, put the muse for the church about 12 April 1829, The Stephen's Church was consecrated through John Matthias Turner, Bishop of Calcutta, about 1830. It absolutely was chucked ready to accept public communion about Easter On the 3 April 1831.
Nice Uk Architectural mastery. Very old Religious organization and very well looked after. Unusual to find this kind of Church buildings in Ooty. That position is quite nice because there's always stop and that is suitable for praise to the worshippers and appealing intended for tourists on account of the large constructing and neatness. The church is beautiful, having some superb stained windows. There are numerous memorial stones within the cathedral.